Sunday, December 10, 2017

The Project--12/10/17

I’ve got a way of showing you things that no one around you can show.
I’ve got a way of showing you things that no one around you can know.
Just trust in me, then you can see
All of the ways that I made you to be.
I’ve got a way of showing you things that no one around you can show.
I’ve got a way of showing you things that no one around you can know.
Just trust in me, then you can see
All of the things that I trust you to be.
I’ve got a way of showing you things that no one around you can know.

Paul wasn’t special. He was only obedient.
Paul wasn’t special, he just realized what he had been given, and who he was. No matter the circumstance he was in at the moment, he never lost sight of that. How else could he sit in the middle of a prison and sing praises to his God at midnight to the point that the entire prison could hear him? How else could he walk back into town to continue preaching what he had and what God had done for him after coming to, laying on the ground outside the city after being stoned, presumably to death by those who had been throwing the rocks? For nothing more than preaching the same gospel he then preached after they had tried to kill him.

I’m not special. I’m only called to be obedient. I just have to realize what I’ve been given, and who I am. No matter the circumstance I am in at the moment, the most important thing in my life is to focus on that, and ensure I don’t lose sight of it. Is that hard to do sometimes? Absolutely! But if I do lose sight of that, am I not basically telling myself, those around me, and God Himself, that what He’s placed inside me, and having Him with me isn’t enough? Thankfully, He understands who I am, and who He made me to be, and what He intentionally placed inside of me the day He fashioned me and planned me out. And He doesn’t get upset when I do forget. He simply speaks to me to remind me of what He knows, brushes me off, breathes new life into me, and leads me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment